Tuesday, September 30, 2008

made it across the pond, but still far from home

I was so happily optimistic this morning (whenever that was?! What time is it? Where am I?) sitting on the plane ready to take off. Fate had other plans. We taxied away from the gate, then the captain announced that we were returning to the Gate for repairs. Close to three hours sitting on the plane before we finally made it off the ground.

9 hours of flying later (12 hours total sitting on the plane), I made it to Minnesota. Everyone missed connections, so everyone was in a great mood working through customs, and getting their rebook assignments. Me, I'm just kinda numb at this point. I am one of the lucky ones.... I have a flight leaving for SF in 2 hours. Going to eat some chicken wings and have a few beers on NW airlines, and with any luck, will sleep clear through to SF. :)

Mmmmmmm chicken wings.

No comments: