Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mom comes to SF! Flashes me back to 11 years ago...

Hard to believe that I have lived in SF for nearly 12 years now. It has gone so fast, and so much has happened... but it is truly my home now. NH is and will always be my rock, but CA has opened up the world, and been so darn much fun! 

Mom came out to visit last weekend for the first time in 11 years. Having such flasbacks to the last time she was here. I had been living here for less than a year, 24 years old, still stumbling around clueless, a little (ok, very) deer-in-headlights. I had just barely moved into my first SF apartment (Post street, with a handsome hell-kitten named Miles) after couch surfing and traveling for 8 months (kate, joan, jess and steph built a lot of karma points for putting up with me on and off for that long!) . Made some of my first SF friends (Jodie, Oana), hadn't even met Jana or Geordie any of that crew yet!  I had just started "freelancing" working with Kelly, Dale, Deborah, Steph, Chris J, Chris E, and Wells Marketing... which I figured would be a decent way to make a few $$ before moving on to some other place, or heading back to NH to settle down. Ha. Who knew? It is awesome to think back, and still see the threads of so many of those people and places still in my life. 

Last visit, Mom and we toured around SF, hitting cable cars, North Beach, random restaurants on recommendation from others, bought my first business computer system, then headed up to wine country, cuz that's what you do in CA, right?! This time, it was fun to show her around the places that are my deeply rooted in my life now. Take the train from my house, walk through my neighborhoods, meet some of my friends who have become my SF family over the years, do a few unique things and explore the CA coast that I love! It was a full 4 days... 

Flashback to October 1998...




No comments: