Wednesday, February 17, 2010

beers with the guides after a fun day on the river...

spent the afternoon rafting the buller river with a company called
ultimate descent out of murchison. pretty mellow class 2/3 run, with a
waterfall portage at the end of the trip. runnable at some water
levels, it was definitely not something to run in commercial boats
that day! it was fun to be a bit of a spectator on a river trip fir a
change. I was a good girl, paddled when told to, and didn't really
throw any poach guide strokes. our guides Lisa and Simon were fun, and
really put on a good trip. wouldn't recommend really paying to run
that section again (pretty minimal run), but I was happy to see it and
chat up the guides. I even took advantage of being a customer swimming
rapids and jumping off cliffs.

got a cd with photos, and will post some as soon as I hit a computer.

after the trip, heather and I checked into the hostel, the wandered 2
building over to the bar, and joined the guides for some Happy hour
beers.

No comments: