arrived in London, and my friend erica was waiting to meet me at the gate. erica and I booked onto this trip months ago through very different circumstances, and only realized that we were on the same trip late this summer. small world. we are on different flights, but traveling through the same places along the way.
with only time to kill, we took busses all over heathrow, and found a bar to park at to get a bite to eat for lunch, and have a few beers.
I know the travel fatigue will set in at some point, but so far, these mini days are treating me well. left sf late at night. slept. spent a short afternoon in england, and it is night again. 1 more beer, and I should be set to sleep some more on the way to Johannesburg.
I arrive in Africa tomorrow morning... and I think I need all this transition time to prepare me for the physical climate and culture shock! just thinking about it makes me sleepy.
happy Saturday all... I am on my way to Sunday. :) (in Africa!)
Sent from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment