what started as a two week trip to new England this summer for a couple of weddings, has turned into a 2 1/2 month summer adventure on the road.
I decided back in feb that it would be fun to drive cross-country, instead of flying in and out. in the last couple of years, I have spent a lot of my vacations traveling outside the USA to put some distance between myself and work. I've been craving more time to explore this country, and this summer it is falling into place. :)
on Tuesday (July 3), my 9 1/2 year old niece, christina, is flying from Boston to sf (on her own!), and she will be my companion for the next 12 days driving from sf to our cousin dani's wedding in state college, pa. it is such an amazing opportunity for us to spend this time together, and I can't wait to share the adventure with her. for the west-east crossing, I am planning a northern route up into Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, south Dakota, Chicago, il... and stops at many national parks and landmarks.
after the west-east crossing, i plan to spend close to three weeks in new england with my family and friends. looking forward to a little east coast summer! then, in the first week of August, my best friend from high school, Kate, is going to join me for the trip back west. unlike my trip east, we have not made any substantial plans, and I can't wait to just explore our way back west for a few weeks.
and, as if that wasn't enough of a summer adventure, I am going to drop Kate off in Vegas, then head to flagstaff Arizona, where I will be joining a rafting trip through the grand canyon for 2 more weeks.
when all is said and done, I should be rolling back into sf mid-September with a crispy brown tan, and a basket of stories to share. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment