Wednesday, July 11, 2012

paying the price

our sunset climbing stop put us on the road at 8:30pm, with 4 hours to drive. I juiced up on some diet coke, and drove drove drove.

I figured (and strongly encouraged) Christina to get comfy and sack out for the drive. little did I know that she doesn't sleep in the car. :( ugh. she was a big trooper. watched a movie, played games and kept me company for all but the last 20 min of the drive. poor kid was a loopy mess! lesson learned.

and to add insult to our valiant effort to make some miles, we crossed into the central time zone on the way so arrived at the hotel at 1:30am.

Christina was asleep in 2 min or less once she sprawled out on the bed. let her sleep till 10:15 this am. quick shower, and we are checking out of the hotel by 11 to hit the road again.

for the next three days, we just need to make miles. not sure where we will end today... just going to hit the road heading east, and go from there.

1 comment:

ashescs said...

I can't believe how much you packed into one day! A museum, Wall Drug, Mt. Rushmore, the Badlands *and* driving? It sounds like your day was the road-trip equivalent of an Ironman.