Tuesday, July 30, 2013

midnight sunset

our first night we enjoyed a yummy Mac and cheese with peas dinner, topped off with wine (in "real" camp wine glasses!). the breeze kept up, so we had almost no problem with mosquitoes. 

we turned in to the tent to wind down around 9pm with sun still up and full daylight. there were a few clouds on the mountains, but generally a great view. 

the girls passed out in no time, but I was a little antsy to see the sunset. I crawled out of the tent around 10:30pm to a clear view of Denali, and the sun just starting to tuck behind the mountain range. 

I hung out watching the sunset for over 45 minutes... the sun went behind the range, but it never did get dark. ha. amazing beautiful and peaceful. finally went to bed when my toes got cold. ;)




No comments: