Thursday, November 20, 2014

day 2 - a "little" hike up to a monestary above thimpu

our crew met for breakfast at 7am, and compared stories of hearing the dogs bark all night. rachel, the resident vegetarian threatened to hunt them down and eat them. not very Buddhist of her, but I was willing to look the other way. 

at 8am we set off for a big day hike. from our guide we understood it was up hill the whole way there, anywhere from 2-4 miles each way, and close to 3,000 ft elevation gain (8,000ft - 11,000ft). yup. I was pretty sure I was going to get worked, but excited to get out! 

the van drove us to the drop off point (well above town, thankfully... I was counting every foot we didn't have ahead of us). they gave us packed lunches to put in our bags. and we were off to go see the Pahjoding monastery. 


No comments: