after a lovely lazy morning with Melani, she had to head to work, and I drove out to coatsville to catch up with auntie Maria and uncle steve.
auntie Maria welcomed me right Ito the house, and made me a sandwich for lunch. it was really nice to have some quiet time to chat. after that, mark, Jessica and their kids Braydon (vivacious 3 year old with a new Mohawk!) and emleigh (4 months) surprised me with a visit! shortly after that Erika also came by, and uncle steve returned with maria's cousin patty from holland. it was nice to see everyone, and we lazily hung out for a few hours catching up.
after the kids left, I stayed and had a yummy dinner with Maria steve and patty. our conversations wandered all over the place, and then steve and I dove into his files on our family history. it was super interesting to hear more about my fathers mothers family and our Lithuanian heritage. I am going to have to bug my dad when I get home to dig up anything he might still have of my grandmothers. I know some stories from my grandparents, but I really eat this stuff up! :)
i spent the night, and had such a nice relaxed visit. my extended family is so small, and we see each other so infrequently (weddings and funerals), so this was really special to have this time.
bummed I didn't snap any pics of the kids, I think we were all pictured out after the wedding!


No comments:
Post a Comment