everyone arrived in flagstaff as planned today, and we all met up this evening for our pre-trip meeting to start getting to know each other, and get the download on all our gear and trip logistics. it was an extraordinary amount of information for all to absorb, but making sure you have everything you need for this kind if trip is essential!
after the meeting, we wandered around the hotel checking in on each other, and helping to cram everything into the three dry bags we will be living out of for the next 14 days. it was a long night, with lots of piles of gear and ziplock baggies, but I think everyone is in good shape.
me, i am mostly packed, and I need to get this blog up to date (last thing on the to-do list), then get to sleep! we are rolling out at 6:30 tomorrow am! yikes.
I'll try to post one more time tomorrow, but as I am the "ETC trip leader" for this adventure, I am sure I'm going to be dragged in 15 directions from the moment I leave the room.
we will be rafting through the grand canyon blissfully for the next 14 days, and I will have ZERO access to phone, email, etc.
I can't wait to hand myself over to being completely offline, and 100% in the moment. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment