Sunday, August 26, 2012

viva las Vegas!

from Moab, I made my way down to las Vegas to meet up with some SF peeps who were in town for the national APA Pool league tournament. the team I play on went to the "citywide" tournament, but did not win a spot for the Vegas national competition. it was a lot of fun to hang out with ned, and poke around to watch the sf teams and players compete. I was really surprised at how big of an event it was... there had to be 250 pool tables running rounds of competitions from 9am till 2am+.

after being on the road for so long, it was also really nice to spend time with people who exist in my SF life. made me a little homesick to be back in the bay area, and home again. but, soon enough... I still have things to do.

I can't believe that I managed to stay in Vegas for four days, a new personal record! the time went by quickly relaxing by the pool, wandering the strip, and watching the tournaments.

the day I had to leave to drive out to flagstaff, az, it was pouring rain, and monsoon thunderstorms. everything in Vegas flooded!

No comments: