Wednesday, August 22, 2012

rafting the "daily", or fisher towers

at some point in drinking beers with Becky, I volunteered to go on the water with her on her Friday trip. it took a second to change gears, and think rafting again... but I was excited to row, and check out this upper section of the Colorado.

in Utah, you need a guide license to take customers, so I was only able to row the lunch boat. I was super stoked about that, but I am sure the other guides were a bit bummed I took such a coveted spot in the trip. oh well. ha.

the scenery on the Colorado around fisher towers was amazing. the group, men with varying levels of autism, was also a lot of fun and a little chaotic. they were all over the place, and at times hilarious, but seemed to be having such a good time supported by a great group of staff. it reminded me of etc trips, where the boating is the least interesting aspect of the day, and I was happy to see Becky's program serving awesome people.

the boating, however, was flat as could be (compounded by a really low water year), hot and long. such a worthwhile trip for the group, but pretty brutally boring for the guides.

No comments: