the amazing thing about the kids is that they look out for each other, with zero supervision from any adults. the 10 year old in the group spent the afternoon and evening playing with a 6 month old baby strapped to his back. the baby was all giggles when the boy was in a stick war with his little sister whacking each other with the biggest sticks they could find. at the end of the day, no one liked an eye out, and they all survived. our children are not raised with the same kind of need to be caretakers so early, but I love seeing that it works, and little ones have the ability to understand certain responsibilities.


1 comment:
Cute. I Love how you add the personal stories of the local families. I can't imagine the responsibility of caring for a 6 month old at only 10 years of age. I'm glad it works.
Post a Comment